Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Anniversary Trip, Muppets and Madonna-manamana???? (You need to see the entire Muppet Movie to understand this)

Our anniversary trip to the central coast.  We stayed 3 days at  The Cliffs in Pismo Beach.  Here is the view from our room.  Paradise.
Does it get any better than this?

Here come the Muppet and the "manamana" part.  Still cannot believe we sat, well, some actually slept through this movie. I can think of a better way to spend 8 bucks. I want my 8 dollars back.

Our visit to the Avila Barn  Christmas tree lot.

25 years of friendship. They were celebrating their 40th anniversary.

Here comes the Madonna part.  Nick and I spent our honeymoon here.  Not sure why. Through these BIG wooden doors lives  a PINK kingdom. A rather scarry pink place full of pink-ness. A place that has a strange affect on some people, causing them to become overwhelmed nearly to the point of hyperventilation.  (Don't say I didnt' warn ya.)

Here we are at the front door, getting ready to go inside. ( Yes, that is a pink light pole behind me). Brace yourself, we're goin' in.

There really are no words to describe this place, I just had to take a picture.  We had lunch there, well 3 of us ate there. One person was trying to catch her breath and had lost her appetite as soon as she walked through the door.

We spend a full day in Avila Beach, my new favorite place to go.  Look at these adorable shops.

The store front doors,  OH THE CHRISTMAS DOORS.  The turquoise store.

The Gray store.

The adorable yellow childrens clothing store.

The purple art gallery.

The BIKE,, I want the turquoise bike.  Hope I win.

The cutest bookstore called The Giggling Goose. Look at the darling bear topiaries.

Cannot figure out what I am doing here.  I struck a pose.


He
The sunset view from our balcony. What a perfect way to end a perfect annivesary get-away.

2 comments:

  1. So much fun! Now that i finally caught my breath and got rid of the heebie jeebies! That place was creepy!
    Cliffs hotel! Avila Beach! Avila Barn!
    What a lovely time we had together! Let's go again real soon! Let's just stay away from that pink place! Manamama! Really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you win the bike too. I wish I could win the bike!

    Your trip looks wonderful. You know, with all the trips I've taken in my life to the Central Coast, I've never, ever gone to the Madonna Inn. Just not sure how I would react. You've got me worried. LOL

    We went for tea in Old Town Clovis. Have you ever been there? It's worth the trip. Lots of antiques, quaint shops and good restaurants.

    Merry, merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete