Saturday, December 10, 2011

Nostalgia

I get nostalgic this time of year.  Putting up the Christmas tree, taking each ornament out and hanging it  on the tree.As I look at each one a flood of memories come to my mind.  I am also reminded as I look at each one that my sons are no longer little boys.  They are grown and starting families of their own.   Hopefully their trees will be full of these sweet little ornaments made with love by their children. Each year I hang them on my tree, and YES, they do come and look to see where they are.  Each one a gift that I treasure and they grow more dear to me each year.
Sorry this is sideways, forgot to rotate.  We still cannot figure out if this is a angel or a ghost. But a masterpiece non the less.

This was made by Josh when he was 5.  The painting really is good. I LOVE IT.  He also made a wreath out of shredded wheat cereal, but over the years it crumbled and I now longer have it. It did hang on my tree for many years. So sad that it is gone :(

What mom would not love this sweet face.  Ryan at 5 years old. He made this one in Sunday School.

This is also a favorite.  I think this one will last forever. I hope so.  Can't wait to show his children this.

Here is one that my grandson and I made last year.  His Christmas jammies and new tricycle I am so thankful for each one. Precious memories indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Though I have retired many of the family ornaments from my tree, they are still in the ornament box or hang on the grandkids tree. With names neatly printed on the back, they tell the progression of family life of dear friends we have shared simple handmade ornaments throughout the years. Love each one!

    ReplyDelete