My sister ( a newby picker) was in town today. We stopped by a
couple of vintage shops. I had nothing in particular in mind that I was looking
for. That is usually when you find things, and there sitting on a shelf was the BOWL....
the RED bowl (insert me doing the happy dance). We had only about an hour to shop, so we quickly
walked through the stores. I must say, I found some pretties. 2 small fiestaware mugs. A cute basket for papers and things. An small aqua ball jar and marshmallow tin. I shop well under pressure, don't you think?
| I found the missing red bowl to complete the set that my late mother-in-law gave me. I was so happy when I saw her sitting on the shelf, just looking so lonely. Cost....$4.00. I found one on ebay for $20.00 and almost purchased it. |
| She is reunited with her family. She is a bit worn and faded but aren't we all? I love her anyway. |
Hi Lois! Thank you for stopping by my blog and signing up for a chance to win the GP cookbook!
ReplyDeleteI love your finds for today! They would be perfect in my kitchen as well! I'm in search for the red,green and blue bowl. My mother only had the yellow bowl left and I've looked everywhere for the others. Hoping I have the luck in finding them that you've had!
Hi, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment! I love your vintage finds - I wish we had shops such as the ones you are lucky to visit. Have a lovely day xx
ReplyDeleteHi Lois! Yes, do a happy dance! I think it was positively and wonderful buy! I love the way you have them arranged in your cupboard. So cute. And the other finds.. well they are all awesome. You do very good under pressure!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Susie
What a great find! And the fact that it completes your set is wonderful. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun picks....especially finding the missing link to your set of bowls.
ReplyDeleteI just ran into you over at Steadman's Corner and thought I'd come take a peek. Im enjoying your post so that I've just become a follower. Please come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com and maybe you'll follow back??? THANKS!!!
8-)