My father in law gave me this tea cart. I am not a big fan of oak. I do, however love the painted furniture look. I trotted off to Lowes in search of a paint color. I am not married to any of them right now, in fact I am not even in love. I just grabbed a few of the colors that caught my eye at first glance. I was hoping for love a first sight, but so far......nothin'. I am open to any and all suggestions.
|
|
| Here are the color choices. |
 |
The tea cart. The rollings wheels will not be easy to paint. I am actually even thinking about spray
painting it instead of using a brush. I hope that whatever color I choose comes in spray paint.
|
 |
| Both sides open up and make a small table. |
 |
| I am not usually an indecisive person. Now that I see the colors on the table, I am not in love with the pinky colors. They didn't look that shade of pink again the white walls at Lowes. I thought it was coral color. Any thoughts? I would also like to use CHALK paint, but I have no idea where to find it. Does Home Depot of Lowes sell it? This will probably be more of project than I can handle, but I will give it a try. Do I need to sand the table first before painting? I will post pictures of the finished project. |
This is going to be a really fun and unique piece when you get it done! I wish I could help you with the chalk paint but I've never used it either. It must pretty great stuff since you see everyone using it.
ReplyDeleteI think you are right about the pinks and I'm kinda drawn to the blue paint chips? I think it will be super cute no matter the color...
Lynn
Go back and find a coral color, I think that would go best, or maybe even a combination of colors, even rubbed white. And spray paint, I think Sherwin Williams will take any color you have a make it a spray paint!!!
ReplyDeleteMiss you and Nic!
Oh, Lois, that is a very pretty cart! Yes, it is always a good idea to do some sanding first. I would paint it with a very light sage green on the top, and then maybe a less intense white on the bottom. I might paint the wheels to match the table top. Or I would replace the greens with a soft yellow! Just because this looks like a Spring garden to me! Then any kind of flowers or other pretties you put on top would match delightfully!
ReplyDeleteHave fun what ever colors you choose!
Bless you,
Susie
I like the idea of painting it yellow.
ReplyDeleteI have some chalk spray paint, but in my experience, it doesn't make it easy to write on.