Monday, July 9, 2012

Thou shalt not covet thy sister's chair....


How do I love thee, let me count the ways.

I went to my sisters last weekend to celebrate another sisters birthday.
I went out onto her patio and there she was in all her rickety old redness. This chair. O how I love thee. I really think it needs to come home and live on my front porch. I just need to convince my sister of this.  If it weren't hotter than the surface of the sun outside the day of the party I would have sat in it all day.  And, if it would have fit in my car,it just may have turned up missing from her patio, but since not stealing is also a commandment, I left without it.  She and I like to trade possessions and maybe I have something that she just can't live without.  I did however leave her house with a lot of polka dot dishes. Perhaps she will forget that she gave them to me and I can trade her for the chair.   Thank you sister for hosting such a great party and your gracious hospitality and  just maybe  the red chair.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Should it end up on your front porch, it might not have a long life there��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I've got chair envy! It's a real cutie and would go perfectly with the red wicker lounge chair I picked up at the vintage market. Isn't that covet commandment a ways down on the list of the big 10 anyway?

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's worth a shot to ask...The worst that could happen is she would say no...Hope you ask...perhaps there is something from you she would love. Do tell if you end up with it!!!;) Mica

    ReplyDelete