Monday, August 20, 2012

School Days

Today is the first day of school. A day that fills me with nostalgia.  I remember the restless night sleep that my boys had. The anxiousness that accompanies it. The new shoes, clothes, backpacks, pencils. I still love a new box of crayons. When I dropped the kids off at school, my girlfriends and I would meet for breakfast. I called it the Boo-hoo Breakfast, we would share about how our morning went and most of us would tear up. It is also a day when I would clean behind my refridgerator.  An odd thing, I know, and I am not sure why I did this. I would pull it out and vaccuum behind it and then clean the inside. I think it kept me busy and made the day pass quickly. 
School Days... I miss you. 



 
To the teachers in my family.  I pray for you, I love you.  Have a great year. Teach our children well. I know you will, they are very blessed to have you for their teacher.

3 comments:

  1. As one of your boo-hoo comrades, reading your note, made me tears eyed! I don't want to say those were the days, I don't believe that. Besides I just read where someone has taken their grandkids to school each morning! Now that is a ministry! Yeah for the next generation!...is it too late for you to come clean behind MY refrigerator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lois!
    I wanted to come for a visit today and see whats up with you! Thanks so much for your prayer on my recent post. I am still going to break from my blog, but just was missing my buddies so much! I see you been busy! Garage sales and Vegas, and back to school. Our little school has a Boo-hoo breakfast each year for the moms of Pre K, K and 1st. It seems like a good group. I adore your bread box, it is just so cute! I will be still on the mend and hoping to post again soon. Been having great difficulty with Vertigo, etc. The computer is so hard to even try to look at, but glad to stop by and catch up with you today! Have a fantastic weekend.
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. THat's what I was going to say Carol! She can clean behind mine - I've never done it.

    ReplyDelete